Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Events
01. How Do I Apply?
To apply, kindly follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the Homepage and select “Apply NOW” from the Metromenu.
- On the “Apply NOW” page, fill in the required details, then submit.
- Kindly note that the submission of multiple applications for a single applicant is not allowed as such will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Once your application has been submitted for processing, an SMS notification containing your AUTHENTICATION ID will be sent to you within 24 hours.
- Eligible applicants will however be sent another SMS prompt on the 14th of April, after the registration deadline; to observe the final registration phase.
- Kindly ensure you keep your AUTHENTICATION ID safe as this would be required to complete your registration online before you can participate in the Live Test.
- Only eligible applicants will be communicated to, on the need to advance to the final phase by obtaining a PASSCODE for N1,000 only. However, further information will be made available to eligible applicants on how to obtain the Live Test Passcode.
- Fully registered applicants will receive the PASSCODE to the Live Test portal on the 27th of April, as the Live Test examination for the Skusat CBT Contest will take place on the 28th of April.
- The scores of every participating applicant will be displayed immediately after submission. However, the average time spent on questions will be considered and added to the scores to arrive at a cumulative score which will also be communicated on the same day.
02. What Are The Eligibility Requirements For The Program?
- AGE – Applicants must not be below age 16 to participate in the CBT program. This implies that applicants below age 16 are not eligible to apply.
- NATIONALITY – Every applying student must be a citizen of Nigeria.
- DOCUMENTATION – Applicants must possess any of the listed verification documents which would enable a viable clarification of age for reward presentation.
- LIVE TEST PASSCODE – Only qualified applicants will be prompted and required to purchase a Passcode for the Live Test examination which will hold online on the 28th of April. Please note that this would only be required after applicants must have been informed of their eligibility sequel to the submission of their application.
- PROXIMITY TO MOBILE INTERNET – The Skusat platform has been integrated with an automated interface which supports real-time data processing and scoring. And as such, the Pre-test (Practice questions) and Live-Test (Main test) examination would be taken on the platform via an internet enabled device. Prospective students with no access to internet service are advised to get an internet enabled device as the testing and scoring process would be 100% automated.
- SCHOOL ID CARD or ADMISSION LETTER or UTME/JAMB SLIP – This would only be required from successful applicants after satisfying the required yardstick for the reward presentation.
03. What Is The Amount For The Reward?
The amount to be awarded for excellent performance in the 2nd edition of the Skusat CBT program, varies according to the academic level of applicants. Successful applicants in the ongoing program will obtain the sum of N300,000.
However, a select fraction of applicants who do not meet up to the required 80% yardstick to qualify for the specified reward amount stated above, will be awarded grants of N100,000, N50,000 and N20,000 respectively, according to their performance.
04. What Questions Will I Be Required To Answer?
Applicants will be provided with 30 intuitive and logical questions spanning from various fields. However, every applicant can take a Pre-Test online.
The Pre-test has been designed to expose applicants to the frame and structure of the Live Test.
05. How Do I Qualify For The Reward?
Applicant that attain a cumulative score of 80% and above, will be automatically considered for the reward allotted under the program. This implies that every applicant has to be swift and make prompt decisions while taking the timed test.
However, grants of N100,000, N50,000 and N20,000 will be adequately considered for applicants that score within the range of (70 – 79)%, (65 – 69)% and (62 – 64)% respectively.
06. How Do I Take A Pre-Test?
The Pre-Test portal has been designed to give applicants adequate exposure to the frame and structure of the Live Test examination questions which is scheduled to hold on the platform at a later date.
To access the Pre-Test interface, kindly click here.